Sunday, October 9, 2016 is the first Tortoise & Hare race of the 2016-17 season. It is the Rolland Moore Park 4K (2.5 Miles) and this year we have a revised course that avoids running on the sidewalk by Shields. The start area is also further back (west) in Rolland Moore Park, close to the volleyball sand pits and tennis courts.
For this T&H race—the first of the season, and the shortest and traditionally the largest—we are asking everyone to register ahead of time. Even if you’re still deciding, register online before Saturday at noon! It’s better to register and not show up than to register on race day. We have a very limited capacity to take race day registrations and will have a strict 7:30 AM cut off.
Follow these quick and easy steps to register
- Obtain your Wave Number: look it up here. If you are a new T&H runner or haven’t run a T&H in the last couple of years: First enter a predicted time based on a recent run or race here. Then obtain your wave number, here.
- Register here!
What to Know on Race Day
- Show up 30 minutes before your start time and get your number at the check-in table. Waves will stretch from 7:53 AM- 8:26 AM for this race, so plan accordingly.
- Listen to the wave number announcements and line up when your wave is announced (4-5 waves in advance).
- Please do not crowd around the start corral until your wave is called. Crowd noise, excited dogs, and stroller occupants can make it difficult for our wave organizers.
- Sorry, No dogs for this race due to the crowded trails.
- “ON YOUR LEFT!” Make it known that you are passing from behind.
- After you finish, stay in order inside the chute.
- Tear off your finish tag from your number, and hand it to the volunteer at the end of the chute.
See you on Sunday!