Dear FCRC Members,
We have an important announcement to share with you regarding your membership.
The mission of the Fort Collins Running Club is to:
- Provide an enjoyable, supportive & positive running atmosphere
- Provide competitive and participatory events for runners of all abilities.
- Provide a forum for educating the public about the benefits of running.
In the past couple of years, we have instituted a number of initiatives to align with this mission, including:
- Free RunningU training programs to bring runners of all abilities together to train for their first (or next) Horsetooth Half Marathon or Firekracker 5K.
- Partnered with local running stores and race organizers to offer countless discounts for races and all your running needs.
- Constantly looking to improve the experience of our two signature races: Horsetooth Half Marathon and Firekracker 5K, and our free 7-race Tortoise & Hare series.
- Offering an ever growing schedule of group runs, social events, clinics, and other running themed activities.
- Launching an FCRC apparel store so our club members can be identified on the roads and at races across the region.
Because of all this, we have nearly tripled in size in just the past 18 months, and are about to break the 600 member barrier for the first time in club history! In order to continue to maintain a club of this size, and bring you the very best running experience right here in Northern Colorado, the Board of the Fort Collins Running Club has approved a membership dues increase to begin March 1, 2016. The new dues structure will be as follows:
- Individual Membership: $25
- Family Membership: $25 + $10 for each additional household member
We understand that the affordability of FCRC is one of the great benefits of the club and we definitely want to keep it that way. The race and store discounts alone still make it extremely easy for the club membership to pay for itself every year.
We also want to provide every current member the opportunity to pre-pay for another year or two under the current rate structure before rates go up on March 1. You can do so by going to our online Join/Renew Membership page and looking up your membership. You will then be given an opportunity to pay for membership in advance, and your expiration will be updated appropriately.
If you have any comments or questions regarding this decision, please email us at email@example.com.
Thank you for your continued support and participation in the Fort Collins Running Club. We’ll see you out on the roads and trails!
FCRC Board of Directors