Train for the Horsetooth Half Marathon with the Fort Collins Running Club!
Join us for the kick-off of our 15-week half-marathon training program on January 15, 10:00 A.M. at New Belgium Brewery. Registration is now closed but feel free to join us on our runs!
On April 23, 2017– Run the oldest and most iconic race in Fort Collins! The Horsetooth Half Marathon begins at 5,195 feet above sea level and takes runners on a nearly 500-ft. climb to the top of “Monster Mountain” at mile 1.7. The course follows the eastern shoreline of Horsetooth Reservoir, rolling past the ‘A’ Hill and North Dam Hill (5,579′). Runners begin their eastward journey to the New Belgium Finish Line Party and post-race expo in Old Town Fort Collins.
- A 15-week training program, gradually increasing weekly mileage
- Group long runs every Sunday, with starts alternating between New Belgium (flat) and the race start by Hughes Stadium (hills)
- Post-run informational sessions (New Belgium Brewery only) from Colorado in Motion, previous race winners and other race partners
- Free Tortoise and Hare races once a month (must be a FCRC member)
- Free bagel breakfast after each T&H at Raintree Athletic Club
- Peer/mentor support and motivation through a closed Facebook group
Ready to get started? You don’t have to wait to start your training! Join the Fort Collins Running Club today and our monthly Tortoise and Hare race series beginning October 9 to build up your mileage and speed.
Not ready for Half Marathon training? Our Zero to 5k training will resume immediately following the Horsetooth Half Marathon and end with the Fort Collins Running Club’s FireKracker 5k on July 4, 2017!