Fort Collins Running Club and Altitude Running are partnering for a Club Costume Run on Monday, October 30 @ 6PM!
The club will provide big pots of soup and dishware, while Altitude will be offering prize drawings (free shoes!) and special discounts. Everyone’s Welcome – Mark your calendars!
We’re excited for the 2nd Tortoise & Hare race of the season! It’s a 5k around Spring Canyon Park on Nov 5.
Please be diligent in following ALL instructions when registering. Because of the unique setup of this race series, this means you’ll need to look up your wave number AND sign up. You’ll know you’ve done it right when receive a confirmation email and can see you name on the participant list.
Check Your Registration
We’ll also need a few volunteers to help before and during the race. Volunteers will be entered into a drawing for a $25 gift card to Altitude Running. Congrats to Tammi Glick, our volunteer winner from October’s race!
Thurs, Oct 5th, 8pm @ Spring Canyon Park
We’re switching up our normal Thursday run by pushing it back and running with the moon! It’ll be full and bright, but still bring a headlamp. We’ll meet at the Spring Canyon Park, 2626 W. Horsetooth Road, at 8:00 PM by the dog park for a 3-5 mile run.
The Tortoise & Hare 2017-18 series is officially underway, with the Rolland Moore 4K a smash hit on Sunday, October 1. It was wonderful to see so many out there for the season opener. We had a total of 150 runners and 10 volunteers.
Results are now available, and check out Photos of the event.
We’ll see you again for the Spring Creek 5k on November 5.
Remember – the entire 7-race series is FREE for all club members. Join today!
Collect litter around the trails, sidewalks & streets in Fort Collins from Oct 1-31. Earn points for miles, bags of trash, & covering unique segments.
Learn All About It & Sign Up Today!
- Grab a Trash Bag & Run some Miles
- Collect litter around the trails, sidewalks & streets in Fort Collins. From October 1-31, earn points for number of miles, number of bags of trash, and covering unique segments.
- Create or Join a Team
- Up to 6 members per team. Yes, you can go solo.
- All registered team members will receive an email with a map and instructions for submitting your efforts, as well as weekly updates. Good luck!
- Snap a Photo
- #FCRCcleanup & #FortCollinsRunningClub
- Report your Miles and your Trash
- Each Mile Covered = 1pt
- Each Bag of Trash Collected = 10pts (standard grocery bag)
- Each Official Segment Covered = 2pts
- First to cover an Official Segment = 5pts
- Only team to cover an Official Segment = 10pts
- Check the Map for Official Segments and see FCRC’s collective progress
- You can submit miles that didn’t have trash collected
- You can submit miles or trash not collected on Official Segments
- Timely submissions are appreciated! Points for being the first team to complete an Official Segment will be given to the first team to submit that route.
- Check the Leaderboard
- Win a Pizza Party!
- Winning team will be recognized at the November Tortoise & Hare Race (Spring Canyon 5K – Nov 5) and receive a pizza party at a Fort Collins location of their choice! All participants will be in a drawing for some FCRC merchandise.
Download the #FCRCcleanup official flyer (pdf)