Right now there is a great deal on Amazon Local for the Sharin’ O’ The Green St. Patrick’s Day 5K from Partners Mentoring Youth. Details:
- $12 ($25 value) for entry for one
- $24 ($50 value) for entry for two
- Event is March 14, 2015
- Includes a post-race adult beverage courtesy of Odell Brewing Company
- Proceeds benefit youth mentoring programs
This deal is offered until January 1, 2015. You can purchase the deal on this Amazon Local page.
Do you know what you are going to do on Thanksgiving Day aside from gobbling turkey? Here’s one option: run the Pelican Lakes 5k in Windsor!
The Fort Collins Running Club is sponsoring the Pelican Lake Turkey Trot on November 27. This race sponsors Athletes in Tandem. They have provided us a $5 off registration code. (FYI it looks like November 15 is the last day to guarantee a shirt).
If you are an FCRC member, this e-mail code should have been e-mailed to you along with instructions on how to use it on Wednesday, November 13 at approximately 7:10 A.M. If you didn’t receive it, you can e-mail us.
NOTE: The Fort Collins Running Club sponsors local groups and events with a running focus. If you or someone you know would be interested, please let them know! We are always accepting applications for funding and we see this support as a core part of our mission.
People who are running the New York City Marathon on November 2, 2014 might be interested in the message below.
Basically, John Litschert, one of the co-founders of the local company runScribe, is offering to equip runners with runScribe pods for running form analysis after the race. These shoe-mounted pods presumably would be offered for free, although I’m not sure if they would have to be returned.
You can read an article I wrote about runScribe on my personal blog for more information about the device.
Hope you are having a good fall! I have a quick question for you. Do you happen to know of any local runners participating in the NYC marathon next weekend? The main sponsors (TSC-not sure what that stands for) have given us permission to put runScribes on roughly 100 participants of the race. We are reaching out to find interested participants.
I know it’s a bit short notice but thought I would check with you as you seem to have a good handle on the local running community.
For anyone impacted by the cancellation in the Boulder Marathon, the following races have offered discounts or transfers:
- Janus Rock ‘n’ Roll Denver Marathon (October 19, 2014): Boulder entrants, who have not redeemed a free Denver entry, can email proof of registration to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Boulder Transfer” to receive a $50 discount on any remaining 2014 Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series event. Limited entries remain for the Janus Rock ‘n’ Roll Denver Marathon & ½ Marathon and the event is on pace to sellout.
- US Bank Rim Rock Marathon (November 1, 2014): The organizers of this race would like to offer a 25% discount to any runner who was registered for the Boulder Marathon. Members who were registered for the Boulder Marathon can e-mail Ms. Stoll at email@example.com and provide her with their Boulder Marathon confirmation number, she will e-mail them the discount code for the 25% discount.The US Bank Rim Rock Marathon runs a course over the beautiful Colorado National Monument from Grand Junction to Fruita, Colorado and has been voted by Colorado Runner Magazine as the most scenic road race in Colorado in 2011.
There have been some questions as to whether the Bacon Strip Race will still be held after Jane Welzel’s passing. Thanks to members of Tuesday Night Track, it still is a go.
Below are details:
The Bacon Strip is a go. If you want to volunteer, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your preferred spot. If you want to run, please register on the website: www.baconstriprace.com. I hope to have fliers out to local stores in the next few days. If anything doesn’t work, let me know!
Thanks (see below)
2014 Bacon Strip Races
10 MILE & 4 MILE
Saturday October 4, 2014
Fort Collins Colorado
- 4 mile aid station
- 8 mile aid station
- Registration and number pick up
- Bacon cookers
- Finish line helpers
- Results and Awards helpers
Update: On Wednesday, September 24th, Stephen Meyers wrote an article about the Bacon Strip Race for the Coloradoan. Read it here.