The 2019-2020 Tortoise & Hare Season is coming up. The first race of the series is on Sunday, October 13th. After much testing in various runs and races over the past several months, we are implementing a chip timing system for our race series. What does this mean?
WE ARE USING CHIPS ONLY IN THE TORTOISE & HARE
THERE ARE NO MORE BIBS
Details for this year:
- You must still register prior to the race. Registration closes at 12:00pm (noon) the day before the race. You must be an FCRC member to run T&H. Not a member? Join now!
- There is a one (1) time $10 deposit for your race chips (one on each shoe). After that $10, the chips are yours to keep and the same chips will be used at each T&H. You must bring them to each race. Deposits are refunded at the end of the season with chip return.
- After registration, you have two (2) options to pay for your chip.
- You can pay for the chip prior to race day. We will send you an invoice via PayPal and you can pay via credit card. If this is the case we will make note of that and will hand you your chip on race morning.
- You can pay on race morning. If you pay on race morning CASH IS BEST. If you pay cash, please try to bring the exact amount. We will be able to accept credit cards, but again, CASH IS BEST, in the exact amount.
- Even if you prefer to pay on race morning, you will receive an invoice for PayPal. You can ignore it, we just hope for early payments.
- Please arrive earlier than normal on race morning. We usually say 30 minutes, but 45 wouldn’t hurt. The first T&H of the season can be big. And since we’re handing out chips and taking money, lines could be long.
- After you receive your chip you will place one on each shoe. We’ll have demos and maybe even some videos for high-quality instruction. Stay-tuned.
- Post-race, you will keep your chip. Please store it in a safe place and remember it for the next T&H and the following five (5) after that.
We more than appreciate your support with all of this and hope you enjoy the new timing system!