Due to a partial closure of the Poudre Trail, the Horsetooth Half Marathon course will be rerouted a bit from previous years. Details:
- Staging will be at Hughes Stadium as usual.
- Official start will be .65 miles up the course at the (yellow curve) road sign in the middle of the first switch back.
- Participants do not have to be at the new start at 8:30 A.M. There will be a chip timing mat at the official start. The start chip mat will be pulled at 8:45 A.M.
- All participants attempting to win a cash prize will be “gun timed;” all participants attempting to win an age group award will be “net chip time.”
- There will be a 15-minute temporary road closure for participant safety at 8:20 A.M. from Overland Trail to the first dam.
- Poudre bike trail detour route: cross over Taft Hill Rd. to east side shoulder, turn right heading south (there is a minor uphill on Taft Hill near the 10-mile mark), left on Vine at round about, east on Vine crossing over Shields to Wood St., right on Wood parallel to the City of Fort Collins utility complex, left onto a wide sidewalk heading east to Lee Martinez park, continue in Lee Martinez to far southeast bike path that leads back to Poudre bike trail, right turn on Poudre Trail, then continue on to New Belgium Brewery.
It’s still not too late to sign up for this great annual race occurring on April 19! Visit our Horsetooth Half Marathon page, which includes a registration link.