Again, not to be alarmist, but the serial assaulter that has been terrorizing Fort Collinsers for the last couple months is still on the loose, and on Friday attacked a 7th and 8th jogger. These incidences occurred west of CSU and, shortly afterward, near City Park.
Runners are advised to:
- Run with others, if possible.
- Carry a cell phone with you at all times.
- Always be aware of your surroundings.
- He is about 5’8″ tall.
- He has been described as Hispanic with a medium or heavy build.
- His hair is very short and may have a mustache and a soul patch. See drawing.
- He may be driving an older model, 4-door SUV. It has been described variously in police reports as being white, or possibly having wood paneling, or possibly being two-tone in color with white being one as the colors.
- He has attacked runners in the vicinity of Drake/Shields/Stuart/Taft Hill, near W. Elizabeth St. west of CSU, and near City Park. He also attacked a cyclist north of Fort Collins on Highway 1 in an SUV.
- So far he has attacked women only.
- Seems like most of the attacks have been occurring after 7 P.M. The latest ones occurred between 10-10:30 P.M.
Being alert while out and about is probably the best thing you can do. This guy must be stopped!