Beginning in February, the FCRC is hosting a series of informal training runs specifically for the Horsetooth Half Marathon that are open to everyone!
Unless otherwise noted, the gathering spot will be the parking lot of the Maxwell Natural Area southwest of Hughes Stadium. (Denoted by “Hughes Stadium Start” below, even though technically the training runs start not at Hughes Stadium like the actual race, but in the Maxwell parking lot.)
We will be running the first several miles of the Horsetooth Half Marathon course before turning around and heading back to the Maxwell parking lot. Because these are informal runs, we encourage runners to form small groups at the gathering spot based on desired pace and distance. The FCRC will also try not to leave anyone “dropped” and alone during the runs.
The scheduled HTH training run dates are below. The dates and places are tentative. Runs led by the FCRC are noted below. Please check this website prior to each gathering.
- Sunday, February 9 @ 8:30 A.M.: Hughes Stadium Start (FCRC)
- Sunday, February 16 @ 8:30 A.M.: Raintree Athletic Club (food and beverages provided afterward)
- Sunday, February 23 @ 8:30 A.M.: Hughes Stadium Start (FCRC)
- Saturday, March 1 @ 8:30 A.M.: New Belgium Brewery Finish (food and beverages provided afterward)
- Sunday, March 9 @ 8:30 A.M.: Hughes Stadium Start (FCRC)
- Saturday, March 22 @ 8:30 A.M.: CLIP Middle School (run Bingham Hill loop and relay exchange)
- Sunday, March 23 @ 8:30 A.M.: Hughes Stadium Start (FCRC)
- Sunday, March 30 @ 8:30 A.M.: Hughes Stadium Start
There won’t be a training run on April 6th, the Sunday before the Horsetooth Half Marathon. Instead, we encourage runners to participate in our final Tortoise & Hare race: the Cottonwood Glen 12k (7.46 miles).
Note that there are also Tortoise & Hare races on February 2nd (Fossil Creek Park 5k) and March 2nd (Lee Martinez Park 10k) that also make great preparatory runs. All these races are FREE for FCRC members! Join the FCRC now!