Date: Sunday, April 19, 2015
Start location: Hughes Stadium (County Rd. 24C, about a 1/4-mile west of Overland Tr.), Fort Collins, CO
Finish location: New Belgium Brewery, Fort Collins, CO
Distance: 13.1 miles (option: Tour de Foot 5K, which is 3.1 miles)
Race time: TBD
Cost for half marathon:
$65 January 1-April 11
$70 April 12-18
$80 Race day (April 19)
The above prices are for non-FCRC members.
For FCRC members, the price is only $45 until April 18! To get this discounted price:
- Join the FCRC now! (If you are not already a member)
- Download this entry form (PDF).
- Fill out the entry form, write “FCRC member–$45″ on it and mail it in to the address on entry form. Alternatively, (after writing “FCRC member–$45″ on it), drop it off at Runners Roost Fort Collins or Altitude Running Fort Collins.
There are also relay, 5k, and multiple race options. See them and register at this Active.com page.
About the Race
The 42nd annual (2015) running of the Fort Collins Running Club’s Horsetooth Half Marathon features a scenic point-to-point road course from Hughes Stadium to New Belgium Brewery. Despite its hills, the course has net elevation loss and was the fastest half-marathon run in Northern Colorado in 2013!
The Horsetooth Half Marathon is one of the oldest and most popular races in Colorado, having begun in 1973. While the Fort Collins Running Club owns this event, it is organized and operated by Running Events Management LLC. Together we strive to create one of the best-run half-marathons in the country.
Online registration is available on Active.com.
Due to a partial closure of the Poudre Trail, the Horsetooth Half Marathon course will be rerouted a bit from previous years. Details:
- Staging will be at Hughes Stadium as usual.
- Official start will be .65 miles up the course at the (yellow curve) road sign in the middle of the first switch back.
- Participants do not have to be at the new start at 8:30 A.M. There will be a chip timing mat at the official start. The start chip mat will be pulled at 8:45 A.M.
- All participants attempting to win a cash prize will be “gun timed;” all participants attempting to win an age group award will be “net chip time.”
- There will be a 15-minute temporary road closure for participant safety at 8:20 A.M. from Overland Trail to the first dam.
- Poudre bike trail detour route: cross over Taft Hill Rd. to east side shoulder, turn right heading south (there is a minor uphill on Taft Hill near the 10-mile mark), left on Vine at round about, east on Vine crossing over Shields to Wood St., right on Wood parallel to the City of Fort Collins utility complex, left onto a wide sidewalk heading east to Lee Martinez park, continue in Lee Martinez to far southeast bike path that leads back to Poudre bike trail, right turn on Poudre Trail, then continue on to New Belgium Brewery.
More information on the Horsetooth Half Marathon, including packet pickup, directions to the start and finish, transportation, finish line party, bag retrieval, awards and more are available on the official Horsetooth Half Marathon website.
If you still have questions about the Horsetooth Half, please contact the race director, Steve Cathcart.