The Tortoise & Hare 2017-18 series is officially underway, with the Rolland Moore 4K a smash hit on Sunday, October 1. It was wonderful to see so many out there for the season opener. We had a total of 150 runners and 10 volunteers.
Results are now available, and check out Photos of the event.
We’ll see you again for the Spring Creek 5k on November 5.
Remember – the entire 7-race series is FREE for all club members. Join today!
Collect litter around the trails, sidewalks & streets in Fort Collins from Oct 1-31. Earn points for miles, bags of trash, & covering unique segments.
Learn All About It & Sign Up Today!
- Grab a Trash Bag & Run some Miles
- Collect litter around the trails, sidewalks & streets in Fort Collins. From October 1-31, earn points for number of miles, number of bags of trash, and covering unique segments.
- Create or Join a Team
- Up to 6 members per team. Yes, you can go solo.
- All registered team members will receive an email with a map and instructions for submitting your efforts, as well as weekly updates. Good luck!
- Snap a Photo
- #FCRCcleanup & #FortCollinsRunningClub
- Report your Miles and your Trash
- Each Mile Covered = 1pt
- Each Bag of Trash Collected = 10pts (standard grocery bag)
- Each Official Segment Covered = 2pts
- First to cover an Official Segment = 5pts
- Only team to cover an Official Segment = 10pts
- Check the Map for Official Segments and see FCRC’s collective progress
- You can submit miles that didn’t have trash collected
- You can submit miles or trash not collected on Official Segments
- Timely submissions are appreciated! Points for being the first team to complete an Official Segment will be given to the first team to submit that route.
- Check the Leaderboard
- Win a Pizza Party!
- Winning team will be recognized at the November Tortoise & Hare Race (Spring Canyon 5K – Nov 5) and receive a pizza party at a Fort Collins location of their choice! All participants will be in a drawing for some FCRC merchandise.
Download the #FCRCcleanup official flyer (pdf)