Registration for the 2018 Horsetooth Half RunningU Training program is open!
We’re excited to start training and cranking out the miles in preparation for the 45th running of the Horsetooth Half Marathon. Race day is April 15th and training kicks off January 7th with a group run from New Belgium Brewing.
As in previous years, we’ll be offering:
- Training plans for both the beginner and intermediate levels
- Group runs every Sunday
- Mentor support via email and/or private RunningU Facebook group
- Weekly email training tips and updates
- Weekday meet-ups
- Monthly Tortoise & Hare training races
New this year:
- Long runs from The Rio *and* New Belgium, with post-run snacks and drink specials
- Dynamic warm-ups before the New Belgium runs
- Six training presentations from Associates in Family Medicine, Colorado in Motion, Alignment Natural Medicine, and more
- Technical RunningU training hats, just $5 if registered
- Additional community initiative TBD based on your input (see registration form)
Read about it in the Fort Collins Coloradoan!
Results and photos for the 3rd T&H of the season are up! We had 135 finishers, with Scott Slusher leading the charge. Scott jumps to the top of the series standings with his win as he continues his comeback from injury. And of course, thank you to this month’s wonderful team of volunteers.
Thanks to all 149 participants in last Saturday’s Turkey-Donut Predict 5K!
We collected 337lbs and $500 for the Larimer County Food Bank!
Full Results are here.
Congrats to overall winner Kaden Jakel!
We had 8 folks place within 5 seconds of their predicted time (and 5 folks who were more than 10min off).
Photos are on our Facebook Page.
We’ve got a tremendous trio of club events this weekend!
Friday, November 3 – Full Moon Run
This month, we’ll switch things up and join the weekly MORNING Donut Run, 6AM at Lamar’s Donuts (1101 W Drake Rd). We’ll run from a full moon into a sunrise.
Saturday, November 4 – Movie w/ FCRC
Join us at the AMC Cinema Saver 6 (2525 Worthington Cir) 2:00PM. We’ll be watching Breaking2, a documentary of three Nike-sponsored athlete’s journies to break the two-hour barrier in the marathon, plus two other short films. – Free for all FCRC members; Non-members are welcome, and asked to make a small donation.
Sunday – Tortoise & Hare Spring Canyon Park 5K
This is the 2nd of 7 Tortoise ‘n Hare races of the year. Enjoy this local 5K (3.1M) starting and finishing at Spring Canyon Park. All participants must pre-register, but is free for FCRC members and $10 for non-members. Course map.
Registration closes Saturday, November 4 at NOON. Registration for the Spring Creek 5k Tortoise & Hare is a TWO-STEP PROCESS. Please follow these simple directions to ensure you are registered:
1. Obtain your wave number from the FCRC website. Look up your wave number and start time here.
2. Complete the registration form, being sure to input the correct wave number. You will receive an email confirmation of your registration once you click COMPLETE REGISTRATION at the end of the registration process.